If there is one thing that every homeowner can agree on, it’s the importance of breathing clean air at home. According to health advisors at the White House, cleaning your indoor air reduces the spread of airborne diseases, protects against outdoor air pollutants, and decreases environmental triggers for conditions such as asthma and allergies. Clean indoor air is even more of a necessity for those who work from home, as it improves cognition and productivity.
If the ductwork in your home is dirty, air that was once clean can be contaminated before it’s dispersed throughout your home. Therefore, duct cleaning is essential to improve your indoor air quality. Here are some common signs that your air ducts need cleaning:
- Air vents are clogged with dust and debris. Visible dust on the outside of your air vents is one of the most common signs your ductwork is dirty.
- Your air filters are clogging quicker than usual. If your air filters are getting clogged after a few days or weeks of replacing them, you should check on your air ducts.
- Weak or inconsistent airflow. Every room in your home should have the same quality of airflow. If this isn’t the case, schedule a professional inspection of your air ducts.
- Unpleasant smell coming out of air vents. Excess debris in your system can lead to a foul odor in your home. An HVAC inspection will determine if duct cleaning is needed.
- Your energy bills are higher than usual. If your ductwork is blocked, your HVAC system will have to use more energy to maintain your desired temperature.
Neglecting to clean your air ducts can lead to several issues, including these problems!
Increased Asthma and Allergy Triggers
By allowing dust and other particles to build up inside air ducts, those with asthma will likely experience shortness of breath, chest pain, and other common symptoms of an asthma flare-up. If you fail to schedule air duct cleaning at your home, you also risk dust, pollen, and other particles clogging your filters. If that happens, you increase your chances of experiencing allergy symptoms, such as sneezing and itchy, watery eyes. You can avoid these problems by ensuring your air ducts are regularly cleaned.
As your HVAC system cools outdoor air, it pulls moisture out of the air and creates a moist environment inside your air ducts. Over time, your ductwork becomes a perfect home for mold growth. If you don’t take care of it with a duct cleaning service, you’ll likely deal with coughing, sneezing, wheezing, and other breathing problems. Therefore, it’s essential to get your air ducts checked regularly.
Wear and Tear on HVAC System
By taking care of your HVAC system and scheduling regular maintenance, you can expect to get around 15 to 25 years of comfort out of it. Contacting a duct cleaning service is one of the best ways to protect the overall health of your system. The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends cleaning your ductwork every three to five years. If you have smokers in your home, pets that shed, or home renovations in progress, you should have your air ducts inspected more often.
Duct Cleaning in Milpitas
At Comfort Energy, Inc., we’re committed to providing an unmatched duct cleaning experience in Milpitas, Los Gatos, Saratoga, and the surrounding areas. From a detailed inspection to restoring your ducts to like-new condition, we’re the team you can count on! Get in touch with us at (408) 560-4050 or visit our website to schedule air duct cleaning today.